Understanding the raw output of MPU-6050

• Hello all,

I have a small doubt regarding the raw values given by MPU 6050.
    I am getting 6 raw values from the MPU 6050 sensor!
    I have given a default sensitivity of +/- 2g.
    What exactly each value mean? Is it like, voltage values across each axis or capacitance values or the acceleration values itself.
    But for me they doesn't mean anything. I am getting some values above 1000, some of them in negative and some doesn't go beyond +/- 250.
    So, can you explain me in detail what does those value mean in physical parameters and their units?

Thank you!!

• Hi @Anudeep ,

MP66050 is a Gyroscope + Accelerometer + Temperature Sensor Module ,

3-Axis Gyroscope

The 3 Axis Gyroscope is used to detect rotational velocity along the X, Y, Z axes as shown in the below figure.

alt text
    img src : https://www.electronicwings.com

The full-scale range of output is +/- 250, +/- 500, +/- 1000, +/- 2000 , and that is the angular velocity represented in units of rotations per minute (RPM), or degrees per second (°/s). The three axes of rotation are either referenced as x, y, and z, or roll, pitch, and yaw.

3-Axis Accelerometer

Accelerometers are devices that measure acceleration, which is the rate of change of the velocity of an object, it can be used to detect the angle of tilt or inclination along the X, Y and Z axes as shown in below figure.

alt text
    img src : https://www.electronicwings.com

They measure in meters per second squared (m/s2) or in G-forces (g). A single G-force for us here on planet Earth is equivalent to 9.8 m/s2, but this does vary slightly with elevation (and will be a different value on different planets due to variations in gravitational pull)

datasheet : https://www.invensense.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MPU-6000-Datasheet1.pdf

Recent Posts

• S

@arunksoman thankyou so much...your reply really busted the stress out of me...can you help with any documentations which i could possibly go through

read more
  • A

@sreu13 It is possible and a far far better method.

read more
  • S

@arunksoman hi,..
    actually at this point of time, I'm not willing to risk RPI4,....i thought of connecting the rpi4 to google cloud (already have an account with $300 credit) and proceeding with the code.
    but i do not know if the below process can be executed

sending image from rpi4 to cloud using this cloud for running prediction the above two processes should be automated and image should be sent to cloud when pi boots up(VM engine can be activated whenever nessesary)

is this possible?

read more
  • A

@sreu13 I edited comment please read that again. Most probably it will not effect your file system. In some scenarios it can create worse effect.

read more
  • S

@arunksoman i'll try this method, but while executing swap command, will the rasbian os and the files it contains be effected??

read more